This one-day intensive training will equip ordinary citizens to make a difference in extraordinary ways during the 2019 Legislative Session.
What will you gain?
Your citizen toolbox for mastering the legislative process and building meaningful relationships with your State Lawmakers and their staffs:
- How to utilize your Capitol resources
- An in-depth “Understanding [of] the Legislative Process“
- How to think like a legislator, from the perspective of State Legislative members
- How to connect with all legislators, including those who do not share your views
- Understanding the role and value of a legislative assistant, as shared by those who presently serve as Legislative Assistants
- How to read and track bills, both on paper and through online sources
- The mechanics of testifying at a hearing
- Know where and how things happen on the Capitol campus
Our day will begin in the Columbia Room, on the first (ground) floor of the Washington State Capitol Building. If you have trouble locating the room, please look for relevant signing or ask a campus security officer.
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (425) 608-0242.